Friday 8 January 2010

Tomas Saraceno







Finally I'm back! the holidays draged me in and had no time to upload the blog, but the new year is bringing new excitement and will to do things.
Here is a new artist I found and fell in love with, Thomas Saraceno, born in Argentina and moved to Europe where still lives and works. I saw him for the first time at the Venice Biennale with 'Galaxies Forming along Filaments, like Droplets along the Strands of a Spider's Web. 2009' an installation made out of elastic ropes. For some reason didn't look into his works, shame on me! But yesterday while looking into the new Frame mag I bumped into an 5 pages article abt him! what an amazing work he has!
Tomás Saraceno looks to the sky and sees possibilities for rethinking how we live...
Air-Port-City, Saraceno’s ongoing project, envisions networks of habitable platforms that float in the air. Like visionary architects of the past Saraceno intends to reshape social space and human behavior. What I love abt him is the nomadic mind he has that I feel really close to my own way of thinking and all new generation's lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment